Founded upon the First Peoples Principles of Learning and consistent with the Calls to Action of the Truth And Reconciliation Commission, the following workshops are designed for BC teachers to support them to teach about First Peoples in informed, respectful and appropriate ways.
Capacity is 40 people per workshop and we strongly recommend registering early as we anticipate filling to capacity. There is a registration fee of $30 for each participant. First Nations school representatives can claim travel reimbursement.
See the latest workshop offerings for Science First Peoples (May 5, 2017) and Indian Residential Schools and Reconciliation (May 26, 2017).
Eligibility: representatives from BC First Nations schools, public schools, school districts and First Nations communities are eligible to attend.
Advance registration is required.
There is a registration fee of $30.
Travel expense reimbursement is available for up to two representatives per BC First Nation school, per workshop.
Schedule (all workshops)
Breakfast: 8:30 am; meeting 9:00 am to 3:30 pm; breakfast and lunch provided.
- Registration deadline: 48 hours prior to the start of the event or earlier if capacity is reached. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
- Refund policy: Full refunds up 48 hours prior to the event. No refunds after. Substitutions allowed.
- For First Nations school representatives claiming travel reimbursement, see the important policies on the reverse of the above sample claim form.
- Registration fees must be received by CivicInfo in advance of the event and are not accepted at the event.
- Pay online with a credit card during registration or phone in credit card paymetn to CivicInfo at 250-383-4898.
- Cheques are accepted, payable to First Nations Education Steering Committee c/o CivicInfo Mail to: CivicInfo BC, #203 – 4475 Viewmont Avenue, Victoria BC, V8Z 6L8. Include participant name.