The Human Resources (HR) Coach position provides service to those who manage employees at First Nations schools, most commonly to principals and education directors.
The HR Coach position was created to build capacity related to human resources by providing support, guidance and resources.
Specifically, the HR Coach was created to build HR capacity through the following services.
- Providing day to day HR advice and trouble-shooting via email and HR helpline;
- Developing and promoting HR resources for use by First Nations School Principals and Education Directors;
- Working with Make-a-Future and Universities to promote the First Nations Schools brand and teaching opportunities at First Nations schools;
- Providing HR training to First Nations School Principals and Education Directors;
- Completing projects related to HR matters for First Nations schools.
M-F, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
What can I call or email about?
- Performance management, discipline and termination – e.g., templates, coaching, updates, policies
- Employee health and safety – e.g., forms, WorkSafe BC updates
- Workplace relationships – e.g., bullying and harassment policy, investigations
- Attraction, selection and retention of employees – e.g., resource manuals, employment contracts, form templates, job postings, job descriptions
- Drugs and alcohol – e.g., fitness for duty policy, marijuana in the workplace, return to work agreement, accommodation