Through a question and answer format, this publication addresses common questions about teaching in a First Nation school in British Columbia. It is intended as a resource for principals who are new to First Nation schools.
- What are some of the key differences between First Nation Schools and public schools?
- How are First Nation schools governed?
- What is meant by the First Nations Education System?
- What is the BC Tripartite Education Agreement?
- What is Nominal Roll?
- Can we offer our own locally-developed courses?
- How does a school become FNSA certified?
A glossary of key terms is included.
The draft is intended for consultation purposes and feedback is welcome.
This resource was developed in April 2021.