Through a question and answer format, this publication, What You Need to Know: A Resource for Principals Who are New to First Nation Schools In British Columbia Draft (2021), addresses common questions about teaching in a First Nation school in British Columbia. It is intended as a resource for principals who are new to First Nation schools.
- What are some of the key differences between First Nations schools and public schools?
- How are First Nations schools governed?
- What is meant by the First Nations Education System?
- What is the BC Tripartite Education Agreement?
- What is Nominal Roll?
- Can we offer our own locally-developed courses?
- How does a school become FNSA certified?
A glossary is included.
The draft is intended for consultation purposes and feedback is invited.