The Summer Work Experience Program (SWEP) is one of two programs that the First Nations Schools Association and First Nations Education Steering Committee and the administer under the First Nations and Inuit Youth Employment Strategy for the BC Region.
Reminder: 2016-2017 SWEP Final Report and Youth Evaluations are due no later than Friday, September 16, 2016 by 4:30pm.
Please submit your final report and youth evaluations by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 604-925-6097.
“How do I apply for SWEP?” The amount in your 2016/2017 SWEP allocation letter will be the amount to use in your proposal which will be sent by email.
2016/2017 SWEP Program Guidelines and Forms:
- To help acquire skills by providing wage subsidies for their summer work experience;
- To assist First Nations and Inuit secondary and post‐secondary students in preparation for future entry into the labour market by enabling them to obtain employment experience; and
- To enable First Nations and Inuit youth to earn wages to help finance their post‐secondary education.
Eligible recipients are First Nations communities in the British Columbia (BC) region. Eligible recipients may then enter into agreements with private sector and non-profit sector employers to access employment opportunities for youth.
See full details in the Program Guidelines or call us at 1-604-912-0011 if you have any questions about this program.
Download Instructions for all PDF forms
- Click to open PDF file.
- Click on the Save button found in the Toolbar of the PDF file.
- Save File to Desktop.
- Close Internet Explorer/Chrome/FireFox/Safari.
- Locate the saved file on Desktop.
- Double Click to open the saved file.
- Enter information into the form.
- Click on the Save button.
- Attach the form to your email and submit.
For any help, feel free to contact Brian Howard, Information Systems Coordinator at
1-855-260-8539 or email@example.com.