Special Education Regional Workshops, 2017
We invite First Nations school educators to register for the nearest Special Education Regional Workshop. It is a good opportunity to learn about FNSA/FNESC services that are available to your school, to network, and to stay current about special education strategies and tools.
Workshops are led by members of the FNSA/FNESC Special Education Program team.
When & Where:
September 11 & 12, 2017 Prince George, Signature Sandman
September 14 & 15, 2017 Prince Rupert, Crest Hotel
September 18 & 19, 2017 Kamloops, Holiday Inn
September 20 & 21, 2017 Vancouver, Pacific Gateway
September 25 & 26, 2017 Nanaimo, The Grand
- On the registration form you will find important accommodation details and travel reimbursement policies.
- Please register before September 8th, so we know how many will be attending.
- Registration is required.
- Confirmation and details will be sent to participants.
Who should attend?
- Recommended for the special education teacher or staff member responsible for special education service delivery
- Up to 2 participants per school will be reimbursed for travel expenses to attend the nearest workshop with a maximum of 50 participants at each regional workshop.
What will be covered?
- Overview of Special Education Program Reporting, applications and services, Individual Education Plans, Special Education Policies, Interpreting Assessments Language Development
What else do I need to know?
- Please bring a laptop computer if possible.
- These are two-day workshops.
- Breakfasts at 8am, lunches provided, meeting runs 9am to 3:30pm.
Information & Questions
Barb O’Neill, Sr. Administrative Assistant email@example.com