Call for Workshops
We are seeking workshops for the conference! Workshops selected for the conference will showcase practices that will enrich First Nations schools and support student learning and achievement.
A variety of topics are invited, including First Nations languages and culture, literacy and numeracy instruction, classroom management, parent and community engagement, assessment strategies, new approaches to student learning, First Peoples curriculum, extra-curricular activities, successful governance/school relationships, applied design skills and technologies, and more.
- Product/sales-focused proposals are ineligible.
- Workshops are 1.5 hours long, presented twice.
- Please include sufficient details in your application.
- Out-of-BC applicants are welcome but travel reimbursement may be limited.
Selected presenters will receive a presenter confirmation outlining benefits, which may include complimentary registration, two nights of hotel and travel reimbursement. Max. 2 people per workshop.
- Use the Workshop Application Form.
- Apply by January 14, 2019.
- Email your application to Ellen Hartnett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use the email subject line FNSA Workshop 2019 [your last name]. You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application.
- Workshops are usually 1.5 hours each, presented twice.
Thank you for your interest in presenting at the conference!