The First Nations Schools Association (FNSA) invites you to save the date for the following upcoming events:
- April 7, 2022, 3:00 to 5:00pm, FNSA Virtual Annual General Meeting
- April 8, 2022, 9:00 am to 4:00pm, FNSA Virtual Conference, Extraordinary Schools: It takes a Community
The events will be offered online through Zoom videoconferencing to ensure the health and safety of schools, communities, and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Registration will open in early March 2022. Event news and registration details will be available on the AGM and Conference page.
Apply to Present a Workshop
The FNSA invites applications for conference workshops showcasing practices that will enrich First Nations schools and support student learning. Our goal is to offer a wide range of workshops for educators, administrators, and other school support staff.
A variety of topics are eligible, including but not limited to:
- First Nations languages and culture;
- literacy and numeracy instruction;
- achieving learning standards through the use of technology;
- classroom management;
- parent and community engagement;
- assessment strategies;
- new approaches to student learning;
- First Peoples curriculum;
- extra-curricular activities;
- successful governance/school relationships;
- applied design skills and technologies;
- and land-based learning.
Workshop presenters are asked to consider how the conference theme, Extraordinary Schools: It takes a Community, can be integrated into their presentation.
Applications from First Nations schools and communities are strongly encouraged. The FNSA is happy to offer technical support and to discuss your workshop plan in advance. Recommendations for workshop topics and speakers are also welcome.
- All workshops will be offered on April 8th, through Zoom
- Workshops are 1 hour, possibly presented more than once
- Product/sales-focused proposals are ineligible.
Thank you for your interest in presenting at the conference. Please let others within your school know about this opportunity.