What You Need to Know: A Resource for Principals Who are New to First Nations Schools In British Columbia Draft (2021)
Through a question and answer format, this publication, What You Need to Know: A Resource for Principals Who are New to First Nation Schools In British Columbia Draft (2021), addresses common questions about teaching in a First Nation school in British Columbia. It is intended as a resource for principals who are new to First Nation schools.
The draft is intended for consultation purposes and feedback is invited.
Examples of the questions addressed in this resource include the following:
- What are some of the key differences between First Nations schools and public schools?
- How are First Nations schools governed?
- What is meant by the First Nations Education System?
- What is the BC Tripartite Education Agreement?
- What is Nominal Roll?
- Can we offer our own locally-developed courses?
- How does a school become FNSA certified?
- In Our Own Words, K-Gr. 3 Authentic Resources (Revised 2020)Jennifer White2022-01-11T16:08:35-08:00
- Tips for a Polished Zoom InterviewJennifer White2022-12-05T16:26:54-08:00
- Student Record Keeping Handbook for First Nations Schools in BC (Updated 2021)Jennifer White2022-08-25T09:42:41-07:00
- Toolkit for Building, Renovating and Expanding BC First Nations Schools (2019)Jennifer White2022-01-11T17:03:30-08:00