Dear First Nations, First Nations Schools, and IAHLA Institutes,
A new opportunity is available through the BC Aboriginal Network on Disability Society (BCANDS) to provide students, from kindergarten to post-secondary level, with laptops to support their learning.
The BCANDS Indigenous Support for Student Learning Program is for Indigenous students who have limited financial resources, including those living with disabilities. BCANDS is accepting applications for students who are enrolled in formal education (online, remote, or on-site learning) to receive a laptop, software, and accessories.
Applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis until March 15, 2021, but BCANDS recommends applying as early as possible, as funds are limited.
- Applicants must be enrolled in Formal education at any level from kindergarten to post-secondary OR taking courses through an accredited institution, AND be actively attending
- Applicants must be of Indigenous ancestry
- Applicants must not have received/be receiving any other support for equipment from Nation, community, or other organization/program
- Applicants must be a Canadian resident
- Applicants must be low-income OR
- Applicants identify as living with a disability AND be low-income
- Persons with disabilities,” for the purposes of student financial aid, is defined as “those who have long-term physical, mental, intellectual or sensory impairments which in the interaction with various barriers may hinder their full and effective participation in society on an equal basis with others”
Further details on eligibility and application requirements, as well as the application form, are available at https://www.bcands.bc.ca/isslp/.
For questions about this opportunity, please contact BCANDS directly at firstname.lastname@example.org