The Human Resources (HR) Coach provides service to those who manage employees at First Nations schools.
Specifically, the HR Coach:
- provides day to day HR advice and trouble-shooting via email and HR helpline;
- develops and disseminates HR resources for use by First Nations School Principals and Education Directors;
- supports FN Schools with recruitment of teachers using Make-a-Future, and provides FN Schools with information about teaching job fairs at Canadian Universities;
- participates in professional development opportunities provided by the Instructional Services team.
Human Resources Support Line
M-F, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
You can contact the support line regarding the following types of topics:
- performance management, discipline and termination – e.g., templates, coaching, updates, policies;
- employee health and safety – e.g., forms, WorkSafe BC updates;
- workplace relationships – e.g., bullying and harassment policy, investigations;
- attraction, selection and retention of employees – e.g., resource manuals, employment contracts, form templates, job postings, job descriptions; and
- drugs and alcohol – e.g., fitness for duty policy, marijuana in the workplace, return to work agreement, accommodation.