Toolkit for Building, Renovating and Expanding BC First Nations Schools (2019)
Bringing a First Nations school or expansion project from a concept to a fully operational reality is a complicated task, requiring the dedicated work and expertise of many individuals. This toolkit provides First Nation communities with a roadmap for getting a project underway and interacting with the various professionals and community members who are essential for building and maintaining a school facility.
Toolkit for Building, Renovating and Expanding BC First Nations Schools (2019) was developed by the First Nations Education Steering Committee and First Nations Schools Association.
This Toolkit attempts to explain the key phases of capital projects and highlight lessons learned and best practices identified through projects that have been implemented previously. The specifics of each building experience, however, will depend upon each Nation’s approach, circumstances, and needs.
The guide is organized according to the five main phases of school development and operations, including the following:
- Operations and Maintenance
- Student Record Keeping Handbook for First Nations Schools in BC (Updated 2021)Jennifer White2022-08-25T09:42:41-07:00
- BC First Peoples 12 Teacher Resource Guide 2022Hailey Jang2023-02-01T14:41:35-08:00
- Reciprocal Tuition Handbook for Non-Independent First Nations Schools (2022)Hailey Jang2022-06-30T16:15:18-07:00
- Map of First Nations Schools in BC (2021)Jennifer White2022-01-18T12:10:45-08:00