Toolkit for Building, Renovating and Expanding BC First Nations Schools (2019)
Bringing a First Nations school or expansion project from a concept to a fully operational reality is a complicated task, requiring the dedicated work and expertise of many individuals. This toolkit provides First Nation communities with a roadmap for getting a project underway and interacting with the various professionals and community members who are essential for building and maintaining a school facility.
Toolkit for Building, Renovating and Expanding BC First Nations Schools (2019) was developed by the First Nations Education Steering Committee and First Nations Schools Association.
This Toolkit attempts to explain the key phases of capital projects and highlight lessons learned and best practices identified through projects that have been implemented previously. The specifics of each building experience, however, will depend upon each Nation’s approach, circumstances, and needs.
The guide is organized according to the five main phases of school development and operations, including the following:
- Operations and Maintenance
- Children’s Book Activity Sheets for Home-Based Learning (2021)Jennifer White2022-07-20T11:54:51-07:00
- Introducing the Indian Residential Schools and Reconciliation Teacher Resource GuidesJennifer White2021-12-13T09:58:54-08:00
- Employment Toolkit for First Nations Schools (2020)Jennifer White2022-01-11T17:02:17-08:00
- Criminal Record Checks and First Nations Schools (Updated 2020)Jennifer White2022-10-03T15:23:25-07:00