Mission: The First Nations Schools Association will collaborate with First Nation schools to create nurturing environments that develop learners’ pride and competence in their First Nations language and heritage and will equip them to realize their full potential, within self-governing First Nations communities.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources and Responses
See the latest information from FNESC, FNSA, and IAHLA about impacts to our events and operations due to COVID-19, and links to external resources that we hope will be helpful and informative for First Nations schools, First Nations communities, and our partners.
FNSA School Careers
Visit the Career page to learn more about First Nations schools careers and link to more employment opportunities on Make a Future.
- See the FNSA Event Listings for a number of new workshops for professional Learning.
- Registration is open for the Everyday Anxiety Strategies for Educators EASE workshops, to learn about anxiety prevention and resilience building resources for use with students in grades K-7.
- See workshop series with Holly Clark on Using Technology Effectively in your Instruction in January and into early March.
- Build your skills in Word, Excel and Outlook with Microsoft Office Training for Administrative Assistants, with sessions for Windows and others for Mac,
- Grade 4-7 educators, you are invited to register for the four workshop series with Adrienne Gear on Reading, Writing, and Thinking Across the Curriculum.\
- High school and adult educators are invited to Kyla Hadden’s Fiction Reading in the English Language Arts Classroom workshops on February 2 and 11, 2021
New Teacher Resource Guides!
First Nations School Principals and Education Directors, you are welcome to contact our HR Coach for support.
In the News
Yukon First Nations Visit BC First Nations Run Schools Oct. 18, 2019
New BC Legislation Would Align BC Laws with Internationally-Recognized Indigenous Education Standards, Oct. 24, 2019
Adams Lake celebrates the grand reopening of the Chief Atahm School Aug. 8, 2019
Native Education College rekindles Indigenous adults’ interest in schooling and self-improvement Jul. 31, 2019
Vancouver Island First Nations Youth Ambassadors deliver message to the United Nations Feb. 17, 2019
See the First Nations School Language and Culture initiatives, including the new program portal…
The FNSA has developed several resources specifically for BC First Nations schools, and you can find them in our Publications Catalogue…
First Nations Schools! The Technology Support Line is available to answer your technology questions 1-855-260-8539…