Mission: The First Nations Schools Association will collaborate with First Nation schools to create nurturing environments that develop learners’ pride and competence in their First Nations language and heritage and will equip them to realize their full potential, within self-governing First Nations communities.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources and Responses
See the latest information from FNESC, FNSA, and IAHLA about impacts to our events and operations due to COVID-19, and links to external resources that we hope will be helpful and informative for First Nations schools, First Nations communities, and our partners.
First Nations School Careers
Visit the Career page to learn more about First Nations schools careers and link to more employment opportunities on Make a Future.
- See the training sessions for using Google Read&Write, which offers literacy support for students in their reading, writing, understanding and organization. There are sessions for beginners and experienced users.
- FNSA Annual General Meeting (April 15) and Virtual Conference (April 16). Conference registration and news Featuring seven workshop topics and keynote addresses by Holly Clark and Monique Gray Smith.
- First Nation School Governance Support Regional Workshops are now open for registration.
- See the FNSA Event Listings for upcoming workshops and conferences.
- Registration is open for the Everyday Anxiety Strategies for Educators EASE workshops, to learn about anxiety prevention and resilience building resources for use with students in grades K-7.
New Teacher Resource Guides!
See the First Nations School Language and Culture initiatives, including the program portal…
The FNSA has developed several resources specifically for BC First Nations schools, and you can find them in our Publications Catalogue…
First Nations Schools! The Technology Support Line is available to answer your technology questions 1-855-260-8539…