The First Nations Schools Association (FNSA) invites First Nations school educators, First Nations school board members, support staff and administrators to the FNSA 24th Annual Conference and Annual General Meeting, happening at the Westin Bayshore Vancouver. Together, we will explore a wide range of effective practices in classroom instruction, school administration and key areas of professional growth.
Hosted at the Westin Bayshore Hotel in Vancouver, BC, the event features concurrent workshops, exhibitors, plenary presentations and networking opportunities.
- April 1-2, 2020 Authorized Representatives Day (1 rep per school only) – Two days this year!
- April 3-4, 2019 Main Conference Days
Call for Workshops
Workshops relating to our conference theme, Leading by Learning, are invited, including the following topics:
- Roles and responsibilities of First Nations school boards
- Successful governance/school relationships
- Enriching First Nations schools and supporting student learning and achievement
In addition, workshops relating to the following topics are invited:
- Effective First Nations languages and culture instruction
- Literacy and numeracy instruction
- Classroom management
- Parent and community engagement
- New approaches to student learning
- First Peoples curriculum
- Extra-curricular activities
- Transitions to high school and post-secondary
- Adult education
How to apply
- See the Call for Workshops Flyer for details.
- Apply using the online application form.
- Apply by January 22, 2020.
Conference registration is scheduled to open in February 2020. Schools will be notified by email when registration opens.